Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Can I Color My Hair Extensions Grey?

Can I Color My Hair Extensions Grey?


Before & After Extensions in Rhode Island


Blonde Hair Extensions in Rhode Island


Can I Color My Hair Extensions? By Jaclynn Kate


I'm asked all the time from my clients & other stylists clients if they are able to 'dye' their hair extensions. Well, in all honesty it depends on the kind of extension and where you are going to try and take the color. I personally have had 'WHITE' hair extensions and colored them to nearly a black. ( I was going through a phase haha)

With that being said, the brand that I use on myself & on my clients says on it's website that you are able to color them being that they are 100% human remy extensions. You can NOT bleach them though. If bleach gets on them they can & probably will break. 

Now another question I am asked is, 'what about if I get these extensions & I bleach my roots'? See a stylist. Even if you are a stylist yourself you don't want to risk over lapping bleach on your new extensions & having them break. It's not work the hassle or the money invested. You just have to be careful with the application is all.

Onto my inspiration for my blog. My client below is someone I've known from hair school. Normally doing another stylist hair is actually really frustrating, however in this case given the project it was so nice to have a stylist in my chair who understood the process.



This is actually her second sitting in my chair. She was in a few days earlier with the request for a very cool blonde/grey tones in her hair. Right now the grey hair color is extremely trendy while it can also be very tricky to get. So we did some low lights in her hair and toned it down a bit but clearly was still on the warmer side.

So she came back in for another toning & the decision to add in 100 pieces of extensions to her hair. Her hair is SUPER thin, but she has a lot of it so it will hide the beads on the extensions.


And her after photo is as cool as I could get it. First toning her with 09b/09v/9t and clear. Didn't even move the color.  Then I went back in with straight 09v... not much of anything happened. 

So I remixed 06t and a cap of 09b and was very happy with the results. Hence why I was happy a stylist was in my chair. I feel like almost anyone else would't have understood the process. Nonetheless she was very happy with the results of her hair & the extensions blended very nice!



Visit me on FACEBOOK
7412 Post Rd. North Kingstown RI 02852

@Jaclynnkate
Jaclynn88@gmail.com
#DollTime
#401-952-4833
15% off any style out service w/me with mention of this blog!


25 comments:

  1. I have very fine hair and would like to know what brand and type is best, I dye and straighten my hair a lot as well.
    Virgin Brazilian hair

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could use the mini micro loops. It will give your hair more density. You will have to be careful with how much heat you are applying to both your hair & the extensions.

      Delete
  2. I wanted to thank you for this great blog! I really enjoying every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post.
    quick & easy workout hairstyles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice idea, i am gonna try the same for my web site. thanks.
    Short Hairstyles on Little Girls

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some time we never feel what we have done but for other that is big achievement
    silk press natural hair

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good topic, this is going to help a lot of people get the whole concept
    buy essential oils

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for always being the source that explains things instead of just putting an unjustified answer out there. I loved this post.
    essential oil

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was searching for that post quick a long time... fortunately I found it on right time...Thanks again for sharing
    Hairdresser

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very interesting and informative blog and about the Hair extensions Salon NYC and I must appreciate your work well done keep it up.
    Hair extensions Salon NYC

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the post. I am very glad after ready and get useful information about the LVL Hair straightener, from your blog.
    LVL Hair straightener

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like the fresh perspective you did on the issue. I will be back soon to check up on new posts! Thank you!
    hair extension courses manchester

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wanted to thank you for this great blog! I really enjoying every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post.


    hair beauty salon

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is very informative blog.Thanks for sharing your experience.



    hair regrowth treatment

    ReplyDelete
  13. This blog is having the very nice information about fl Haircut. Here we can have all the information about it.


    Fl Balayage

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you i did really need this topic you share a very nice information about the Bridal Makeup it's great work.


    Bridal Makeup

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like your all information about hair extension and your blog is so nice.

    hairdresser

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for sharing this post its all information is really very nice and useful for me and other users.

    Peruvian Straight Hair

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice work and great style of presenting information about the Hair Style Tutorial it's good work.
    Hair Style Tutorial

    ReplyDelete
  18. You have some honest ideas about the Hair Replacement Plano share here I really get many information and discovered most peoples will agree with your blog.
    Hair Replacement Plano

    ReplyDelete
  19. You have some honest ideas about the hair regrowthetc share here I really get many information and discovered most peoples will agree with your blog.
    hair regrowth products

    ReplyDelete
  20. I think most people would agree with your awesome article which is specially related of hair growth secrets. I am going to bookmark this web site so I can come back and read more articles. Keep up the good work!
    hair growth secrets

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very informative article which is about the hair extensions and i must bookmark it, keep posting interesting articles.
    hair extensions

    ReplyDelete
  22. I have read many blogs but your blog are always very nice and now here I got some detail about the hair extensions Good work keep it up.
    hair extensions

    ReplyDelete