Saturday, January 3, 2015

I Hate My Short Hair, Can I Get Extensions? By Jaclynn Kate

I Hate My Short Hair, Can I Get Extensions? By Jaclynn Kate

 Are Hair Extensions Right For Me?

I Hate My Short Hair, Can I Get Extensions?

Lets Talk About You & Your Short Hair


Lets Talk About You & Your Short Hair


 Are Hair Extensions Right For Me? By Jaclynn Kate


Alright, so are hair extensions right for you? Are they even an option for you? Are you ready for the constant up keep? FYI they are a serious commitment ladies' let's just put that out there before you even think about setting up a consultation.  Are you ready for the additional time it will take you to actually style your hair? These are some of the questions you should be asking yourself & trying to get the answer. Let me see if I can answer some of this for you...

Okay, so are hair extensions right for you? They are right for you if, you have enough hair to blend them with. Meaning the BEST length is about to your shoulders. I HAVE done hair A LOT shorter ( I will post photos below), however the best length to blend the extensions is the shoulders. It gives me a lot more room to work with them. Hair extensions can be right for you if your hair is strong enough to handle the added weight. The type of extensions I do aren't as heavy as others on the market. However if you just bleached your hair out to feel like spaghetti hair extensions ARE NOT meant for you right now. You need to go home & give that hair some nutrients & then come see me. Hair extensions are great for adding additional volume and density to your hair, but if you don't have enough already on your hair to hide the beads, then they might not be an option for you. AGAIN, CONSULTATIONS ARE COMPLIMENTARY TO DETERMINE IF YOU ARE A PROPER CANDIDATE FOR EXTENSIONS. BEST WAY TO KNOW IS FOR A STYLIST TO SEE YOUR HAIR IN PERSON.

Hair extensions are not wash & go with out combing & proper maintenance. You have to wash these bad boys, make sure you are using a good leave in conditioner. Make sure you are sleeping with them properly. Make sure you are styling them properly etc. Ladies, you must remember this hair is not physically attached to your head, it's real hair but its just dead. You must give this hair the moisture level it truly needs and the extra care it will need to pro long the lifeline. When you come in for a 'fill' your stylist will be able to tell right away if you are not taking the right precautions with the extensions.

Let's visit our talk about the length of your hair to get extensions. Okay, so if you have two inches of hair on your head. Yes I can put extensions in. But what we are worried about is the blending.



Meet Heather! Heather went to a new salon on a Groupon for a hair cut. Now my experience with Groupon has been great for nails & goods, but I don't know if I would go for a hair cut! Any how, she said she asked for a trim and her hair WAS past her shoulders & came to me with the hair cut to the left!! Whoa!! That's a lot!! I explained to Heather the blending would be difficult for the very short top layers, however if we layered the extensions some and spent time styling it I think we can do it! She was on board & we put in 120 hair extensions. The color came out kind of Ombre looking so she later came back after this photo was takes, and put in blonde highlights on the top & she LOVES it. 

So again, extensions were technically not for Heather, but we made it work together but being on the same page. She will have to put in the extra time in the morning styling her extensions but she said she is committed. As Heathers hair grows out it will look that much more beautiful! 



Meet Adalia! Adalia travels in from NYC for her extensions.As you can see from the photo to the left, she has kind of long hair but it is very thin. Her thin hair is strong however & with the length she has, she was a great candidate for extensions! Adalia got 100 pieces of extensions but we only put in 80 & her hair looks amazing after! You can't even see where they are! Adalia colors her hair the darkest black, so I chose two different shades of extensions for some dimension. 


We Enhance Beauty, 

You Wear It™


Jaclynn Kate Hair & Makeup Artisty Salon
7412 Post Rd. North Kingstown RI 
Salon #952-4833



@Jaclynnkate
Jaclynn88@gmail.com
#DollTime
#401-654-9985
15% off any style out service w/me with mention of this blog!

1 comment:

  1. Find globally human hair lace wigs and weft hair extensions online at very cheap rate. You may explore a wide collection of 100% real quality with huge discounts on glamourweave.com.

    ReplyDelete